skip to main content

Articles of Amendment

Change of business information

When you need to alter your company details, such as moving your headquarters or changing the name of your business, you are required to notify the state of incorporation. Articles of Amendment is the document filed with the state to formalize these changes.

Starting at:   $129+ state fees

MyCorporation makes it easy to file your articles of amendment.

We do the heavy lifting

Filing an amendment is easy with MyCorporation. Provide details about your business and what you want to update, and our experts take care of the rest.

Notify the state

Filing an amendment is required in order to make changes to the information you initially provided when you formed your business.

What are Articles of Amendment?

Articles of Amendment (sometimes referred to as Certificates of Amendment), allows you to make changes to your business's information currently on file with the state. Typically, the information that is updated includes the details provided when you submitted your articles of organization (LLC) or articles of incorporation (corporation).

It is always a good idea, and in most cases required, to notify the state of any changes to your company information. Failing to do so could put your business at risk of falling out of good standing with the state.

What information can I change by filing an amendment?

All of the details you submitted when you initially formed your business can be updated by filing an amendment, including:

  • Name and address of the registered agent
  • Principal office address
  • Names and addresses of directors or members
  • Description of business activities
  • Number of authorized shares
  • Any other information included in the Articles of Incorporation

How long does it take to complete articles of amendment filings?

As with most business filings, the turn-around time depends largely on the state, and the current volume of filings to be processed. Generally, filing an amendment takes 2-4 weeks to complete. If you need to update your information quickly, MyCorporation offers rush service, which in most cases, cuts the time to around a week.

How do I change my company information if I have foreign qualified my business?

If you filed a foreign qualification to allow your business to operate in a state, it is important to determine whether or not the change you are making will require an additional amendment filing in the foreign state. If you are unsure, give us a call and our team can help you conduct that research.

File an article of amendment for your business online with MyCorporation for only $129

File an Amendment

Need additional assistance?

Contact our experts with any additional questions.

Would you rather speak to one of our representatives now?

Call us: 877.692.6772

M-F - 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. PT

By submitting this form, you are indicating that you would like one of our representatives to contact you about the details you provided. Your information is completely safe and will not be shared.

This form is protected by reCaptcha

Frequently asked questions

The only way to change the legal name of a state-level entity such as a corporation or LLC is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation/Organization.

In most states, the only way to change authorized share information is to file an amendment to the Articles of Incorporation.

In addition to changing company name or authorized shares, the filing of Articles of Amendment can change the following information if desired:

  • The name and address of the registered agent
  • The principal office address
  • The names and addresses of directors or members
  • The description of business activities
  • Any other information included in the Articles of Incorporation/Organization

In most states, the standard articles of amendment filing takes 4-6 weeks depending on volume and demand. For businesses looking for a faster filing, we offer rush services, reducing the expected turn-around time 2-3 weeks.

If you experience any difficulty in accessing our content, please contact us at 877.692.6772 or email us at

Live Chat Assistance